Online presence is all about making your brand presence felt over the internet and utilizing various social media tools for spreading word about your company. Let us first understand 5 top reasons for online presence.
5 Reasons to Build Strong Online Presence
1. Internet is a medium where knowledge sharing and research is carried out extensively. As soon as something is talked about one starts searching it upon internet. Similarly on the same lines it is quite understandable when employers & clients search you online. The reason might range from checking out your offerings to looking for your contact information and even references. Also there might be some who are on a look out for rave reviews so that they might get at least an idea about your ongoing business reputation. While there are numerous other ways to create online presence the most popular and widely used are blogs and personal websites.
2. As said earlier that the best way to know or find out is internet, similarly when you wish to get in touch with someone out there or make network contacts the same medium comes in handy. Not only this it also serves an easy medium for creating a forum, to search new business leads, to attract potential clients at your own convenience whether at home or office.
3. Another important aspect to note is that you can even communicate without contact information. There are many people out there online with a placeholder profile on a variety of social networking sites. Websites like linkedin are easy to access for a relevant contact without even having contact details of the person. This way you can easily send them a message on LinkedIn or any other social networking website they frequent. Who knows that you might get noticed by some bigwig by establishing this contact.
4. It is essential to immediate get your name registered or your domain reserved. If not done then it might happen that someone else just might get it done. Worse still would be the advantage that one can take, like spreading false information or for some other malicious purpose.
5. The most important aspect to note about online presence is getting into the group of networking. Think about it if it is a pre-requisite to have an online presence or an industry standard where you need to be able to reach out on the global level then you must in fact go ahead with it. Creating & updating your profile and information might seem a small investment but does goes a long way in times to come.
Now after advocating for reasons to have an online profile there are 3 reasons that speak against it:
1. It is not that always people rely upon the information provided online, very often employers & customers are not that interested about it. It is only limited to finding rave review about you till then no one is actually hell bent upon knowing what exactly you are doing.
2. While you would like people to be aware about what you do and have achieved, displaying too much information might cause a potential risk to your privacy and even identity theft.
3. You are eager to create online presence but remember creating a profile on various social media sites is in fact time consuming. It requires dedicated hours of a day to do so. Whether it is for social purpose or business purpose only the one having enough time to spare would do so.
It is not that the role of social media or online presence can be totally denied or ignored but its relevancy is quite questionable. One need to first ask the question what is the exact reason for going online at various social media websites? After finding answer to it is important to exactly sort out the kind of websites and social media tools that might benefit you personally as well as professionally.