You can run successful e-commerce website designs by applying the basics of retail success. It is not very expensive to start e-commerce websites and they are good alternatives to a brick and mortar business. Besides, for a successful e-commerce website, you need to follow retailers of brick- and- mortar business. Keeping in mind brick and mortar business, win your customer’s trust even before they shop online.
There are eight rules that applied to run a successful e-commerce website. They are as follows-
1. Registration of your domain: When you launch an e-commerce website, its registration is the foremost step. Domain name refers to the name of your business. The name you choose for your business should be attractive and easy to remember.
2. Navigation: Visitors who would visit your e-commerce website look for clear visibility and easy-to-follow pathways. They should be able to examine your products displayed on your site and compare them with other products too. Therefore, a good navigation is required in your e-commerce website.
3. Fully functional website: It is important to have 24/7 consistency for a successful e-commerce website. You must make sure that your website should be fully functional so that more visitors can shop online. “Under construction” or “coming soon” status on your website give a poor impression to visitors. On the other hand, having a professional and fully functional website is a way to build credibility with your potential customers.
4. Have an online catalogue: Online shoppers would like to see the product first before they buy it. Therefore, if you incorporate an online catalogue on your e-commerce website, it is helpful for online shoppers to see the product and also builds credibility. You should remember not to load too many pictures, as it results in slow loading of your website.
5. Give right information about company and staff: All good e-commerce websites give right information about their business and staff. In addition, successful e-commerce website also mentions their customer service and contact information.
6. Website security: To make more customers online and to retain your potential shoppers, you should give prime importance to website security. One should feel safe while using his/her credit card on your website.
7. Search engine optimization: This is the most important thing for a successful e-commerce website. Having a search engine friendly website attracts a good volume of potential customers.
8. A follow up thank-you mail to your online shoppers: After shopping from your website, let your online shoppers know that you value their trust by a thank you email or thank you card.
By following these above eight rules, will help you to convince potential online shoppers to make the click that matters.